Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bridal Shower Weekend

The last weekend of October, my moms friends from their temple threw me a bridal shower! She has been friends with some of these women for almost 20 years, and even though we're having a (large) family wedding and they won't be attending, they still wanted to celebrate with me. Andrew's parents flew in for the weekend as well, and we took them to 320 Main, our favorite bar/restaurant where we had amazing food and of course, my favorite drink...
The Virginia Dare
1 oz. St-Germain
1 oz. Gin (they use Plymouth)
1 oz. Sauvingon Blanc
1 tsp. Aperol
Stir with ice & strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a grapefruit twist.

The party on Sunday was SO fun! My mom's friend Sherry held it at her home on Balboa and the ladies went all out with food and decorations.
Ignore the awkwardness of this photo... and my tights are much more pink than they appear!
(Thanks to Carol, my 2nd mom for making my ribbon bouquet!)
Jane, Me, Mom



Me, Grandma Sydelle

    

Me, Mom, Sammi


I'm kind of weird I guess... I'm not a shy person, I have no problems speaking in front of people, but I have a weird thing about being the center of attention... It's actually giving me slight anxiety about walking down the aisle... So I guess the shower was a good trial run, sitting in front of everyone and opening gifts. 


My sister, Sammi (AKA my Maid of Honor, AKA Sister Love) was awesome, she kept track of all of my gifts, and also provided much comic relief throughout the day (as usual).


All in all, a successful weekend... Thanks to everyone that had a part in it!
xo
R

No comments:

Post a Comment