Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Last Sunday...

In the midst of all the craziness with work and the Holiday Show, planning the wedding, dress fittings, and Hanukkah, we decided at the last minute to have a few friends over for cocktails last Sunday. Andrew's birthday was the Tuesday before, so we called it a Late Birthday/Hanukkah gathering. 
(Plus, Andrew needed an excuse to try out the cocktails we'd been making, on other people, and I wanted to put together a party spread)

So we did just that. A quick trip to Trader Joe's (again) and we came up with this menu:

Bacon Wrapped Dates (as you know, my favorite)
Homemade Sriracha Humus
Caprese Skewers
Sausage and Cheese Bites (with assorted crackers)
Gingerbread Cake Squares (for something sweet)
Everything turned out pretty great, especially the Dates... SO easy, and SO good

 The Caprese Skewers were the easiest to make. Plus, they look so nice on the platter!
(ignore the inside of my fridge)

Caprese Skewers:
Marinated Mozzarella Balls (You can use plain also)
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
Basil Leaves
Skewer. Done.

I've been making the Sriracha Humus for a while now. This was the first time I've used it at a party. It seemed to go over really well!

Sriracha Humus:
2 Cans Garbanzo Beans (one drained, one not)
2-5 Cloves minced Garlic, depending on your preference
Tahini (to taste. I like a lot)
Lemon (to taste. I like a lot)
Salt & Pepper
Sriracha (to taste.)
Put all ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency. Serve with Pita, Crackers, or Veggies.

Oh the Dates. The Bacon Wrapped Dates. SO EASY. 

Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Bacon
Dates (pitted)
Wrap Bacon around Dates. Bake at 350 until browned. Heaven.

The Gingerbread Cake was a last minute addition. I had planned on cookies, but Trader Joe's had samples ready when we were shopping, so naturally I tried one, and naturally I bought a box.

Gingerbread Cake:
Follow instructions on box.
Boom. Done.

Of  course, me and my terrible photo taking skills, didn't take ANY photos of the people, or the gathering itself. Or any of the drinks. I know, I know, I'm a terrible blogger... I'm still getting used to the fact that everything can be put into a post, and that I need to take photos of every.little.thing.
But, at least you get photos of the food, and if you ask me, that's the important part!
xo,
R






No comments:

Post a Comment