Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolutions: Part 1

I know it's not officially 2013 yet, but I think it's time to talk about a few things that I want to work on for the New Year. I just finished re-reading my favorite childhood book, Matilda, and came across my new motto for 2013:

"Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog."

So, there it is. The quote I'm basing all of my Resolutions around.
There are a few areas of my life that I need to focus on when it comes to this motto. One is getting healthy. I mean, I AM getting married in under 4 (FOUR!) weeks, so I figure I'd better get a move on...
"Getting Healthy" falls into a bunch of categories for me: eating right, we don't eat a lot of garbage, but I need work on no dairy, and low gluten because of all of my family issues.
Working out. We were doing SO well with Crossfit last month, but when our Living Social deal ended, it was too expensive to continue right now. I need to be better about just getting out of the house and walking or running, or even just working out at home. (side note, I'm taking a Barre class in about 45 minutes... woohoo for me!)
Back to the "eating right" part of this whole deal, I pulled out my juicer this morning. I was dying for something fresh and green, after all of the holiday foods I've been consuming for the last 2 weeks.
 She's not fancy, but she works pretty well.

After a trip to Trader Joe's (the first of 2 today, but more about that later), and I came home with this:

Spinach
Romaine Lettuce
Kale
Celery
Apples
Lemon
Cucumber

I chopped the larger pieces up, threw them in, and turned her on...

The whole process took about 8 minutes, and I was left with this

(PS... LOVE these bottles for storing juices. They seal super tight, and are easy to clean with a bottle brush)
I'm going to try and juice a few times a week, I actually love how it tastes, and it's SO good for you.
So, as I run out to get my booty kicked in Barre, I leave you again with my motto for 2013:

"Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog."

In the spirit of "Going the whole hog", you may notice that my photos are looking distinctly un-iPhone-ish...
That's because of this bad boy... 

But more on him later.
Happy 2013 Everyone!
xo,
R





No comments:

Post a Comment