Monday, January 14, 2013

On the Importance of Old Photos...

My parents and sister called me last night to tell me they were working on the slideshow for the wedding. Having had a difficult, long day, I was of course, not amused at the thought of 150 people viewing the awkwardness that was my adolescence.
Now, after thinking about it all night... I did not sleep well at all (not because of the photos, though), I've decided it's important to have those photos. If nothing more, as a reminder of how far we've come, and how much we've grown over the years. Over the last 8 (ish) years, Andrew and I have grown up SO much.
Neither of us are exactly the same person we were when we met at 18 and 20. We're (a little?) more mature, grown up, and with it... I think. I'm not as much of a push over as I feel like I was when I was 18, and he's much more together than he was back then. This slideshow business had me going through all of the old photos on this computer, there's a ton... From college in the dorms, to parties, to vacations with family, and the zillion weddings we went to in 2009. These photos serve as a glimpse into the past, of the good, the bad, and the ugly (or at least, awkward) that has created the people we are today. 
Now, 12 days out from our wedding, I look back at them, windows into our (somewhat interesting) relationship and I'm happy with where we've ended up, and hope to continue to feel that way as we move forward. Here's a few of us, and the progression to where we are now... 
I feel like we both look like babies... Look how far we've come!












 





Cheers to us, and being grown up... Gettin' married and all!
xo,
R

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these! My favorite is the 3rd up from the bottom... How 70's looking, such an Old Soul feel!
    Yay to getting married! Yay to growing up together! xo

    ReplyDelete