Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Palm Springs Modernism Week: Foodie Files

I spent Sunday & Monday in Palm Springs with my new work crew, checking out some amazing restaurants, and some of the Modernism Week expos. Palm Springs is one of my favorite places ever, so of course, I was so excited to be included. (Did I mention I love my new job?!)
We got there Sunday afternoon and after relaxing a little bit, went to a design party, then to Birba, the first fabulous foodie stop we made.
 The wait was crazy long so we stood by the bar until a bench area opened up and since we all realized we were starving, ordered a pizza. Oh, this pizza. Pancetta, goat cheese, caramelized onions, and the kicker, a fried egg on top. Yep. A.fried.egg. 

After that, we made it over to our reservation at Workshop. A place that I've been dying to go for a while now, and let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint. We ordered drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. 
I had the Town & Desert... 
White Whiskey
Blood Orange Liquor
Lemon
Egg White
Slowly my appreciation for drinks with an egg white is growing, and this was a fabulous choice.

The Food. Yep, the food was amazing. We picked a bunch of things off the menu and shared between the five of us. As full as I was, if they had put anything else down in front of me, I would have eaten it... That's how good it was.
Octopus Carpaccio!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad!
Fennel Salad!
Brick Chicken!
Scallops over Bulgur!
Stewed Whole Tomatoes!
All SO delicious and perfect.
The main event, however, was the 30oz rib eye, cooked perfectly with creamed kale and butternut squash. My mouth still waters when I think about it!

After dinner, 5 very full people went back to the house, took a hot tub break, then crashed out... Dreaming of the amazing meal we had just consumed.
Tomorrow I'll post about some of the furniture I saw that made me want to sell everything we own and start over. (Which I may actually do, since we're for sure moving now... but more on that tomorrow)
Happy Tuesday (that feels like Monday!)
xo,
R




No comments:

Post a Comment