Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wedding Behind the Scenes... Better Late than Never...

I know it's been a while, but I finally wanted to post about more of the wedding prep... My favorite part, the table numbers. Honestly, I've been waiting for our professional photos to come back so I could have some good "afters" to go with my "before" shots.
As you know, gold was one of the main accents for the day. We knew early on that we wanted glitter. Lots of it. So, we found these paper mache numbers at Hobby Lobby and bought a whole bunch of glitter and glue. We first tried brushing Elmers glue on and pouring the glitter over it. 

That took forever and left TONS of glitter all over the house. After the first night of doing that, Andrew decided to use spray mount, which worked just as well.
We then sealed them with a clear coat and didn't move them for a few weeks.

(Sorry it's a little dark... We were messing with the camera)

Here's how they looked the day of! I must say, I'm pretty proud of us!

Along with the table numbers, my aunt did an amazing job with our centerpieces! She potted all of the succulents, and they were just perfect.

Here's a close up shot of one of our olive oil bottles! 

All of the paper goods (programs, menus, table seating chart) were all designed and printed by Andrew and me. We had stacks of them sitting all over the house for weeks.

 I'm so obsessed with how the tables looked. Everything was perfect. Sleek and exactly what we wanted. (Note that there aren't any chairs at the tables... they were outside for the ceremony and got pulled inside during cocktail hour.)

The green from the succulents really pops against the white.

 So simple and clean. 

All of our hard work definitely paid off, and everything was pretty close to perfect. We couldn't have been happier!
xo,
R



1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!! Your wedding tables looked beautiful! Would you mind describing how you spray mounted the numbers with glitter? I would like to replicate your method as I'm planning to prepare the numbers for my tables in the same manner. I was thinking to mix the glitter with Martha Stewarts Glitter glue and brush on but spray mounting seems much easier??? Also, did you use Krylon Clear Coat or Modge Podge to seal?? My direct email is nicolepudvah@yahoo.com, truly appreciate your help!!!

    ReplyDelete