Monday, May 13, 2013

And Again...

I feel like I'm constantly apologizing for myself on here. I've been neglecting this blog (and my readers, if there are any still) a lot lately. I thought I would be SO motivated to write, after all, I have a lot to write about: new house, new job, marriage, etc... Well, what's really happened is that I'm SO insanely busy, that I hardly have a moment to breathe, let alone write. Today, I got lucky. Last minute, I found out I was going to work an hour later, so here I am... Apologizing again, for being a terrible blogger. I'd like to say that I'm getting my act together, and that I'll be back to posting everyday, but I honestly don't know if I can! For now, all I can promise is some instagram photos and a little catching up here and there. 
I'm hoping to get back to regular posting soon, we've had a few projects on the house that I'd really like to dig deeper into, but for now, here's a few super random photos to hold you over.

I FINALLY got a new license! The old photo is 12.years.old. I can't say my new one is great... but it's definitely an improvement... I'm not proud of my signature thought... Really? Am I 10?
Oh, and I'm officially a Clark now! Everything is changed: Social Security, bank info, and finally, my license!

 I posted photos last time of our backyard, and hinted that something was going to happen to it... Well, here's that something! Andrew spent all of last Saturday digging up grass and laying these awesome 16x16 concrete pavers. We were going to leave grass in between the pavers, but then decided that using the river rock would be a more solid surface for the patio furniture (and fire pit!) that will be added in the next month. It looks pretty awesome, and definitely makes the yard a little more functional than just an open green space. 

 Another photo, this one from the bedroom window.

This photo is so random, I know. This was our Friday night dinner. So simple. We had both just worked out, wanted food, but weren't hungry enough for a big dinner. So, we sat outside, ate charcuterie, and drank gin and tonics (using our new favorite, St. George Gin).

Now that we've been in this house about six weeks, it really feels like home. I mean, it did almost from the beginning, but relaxing in the yard, watching Neville run around, enjoying each others company, makes the stress of moving (when you didn't even want to), and moving IN, all worth it. This weekend we'll be in Palm Springs, taking a mini-moon... so I'll try and post after that. 
2013, even with all of it's madness is shaping up to be a great year... 
Happy Monday, all!
xo,
R


No comments:

Post a Comment