Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm Baaaaack...

Okay, sorry, the title was supposed to sound excited, not creepy... But yes, it's true... I'm back... And better than ever... Maybe? I woke up this morning with the itch to write again. Even though I slept in, I'm up, with a bowl of cereal, raring to go.
I'll be honest, there isn't much house stuff to write about right now. We still don't have furniture in the yard, we still haven't done anything to the dining room, but, there is one huge thing: 
Ladies and gentlemen, drumroll please...
We cleaned out the guest room.
Yes, I know, you all (3 of you?) fainted. It is true though! The room is a completely functional (huge, actually) office, just dying to be styled. I don't have a real before photo, but it looked something like this...

Just kidding. It wasn't that bad... Well, it kinda was. There were unpacked boxes, kitchen things that didn't have a home, and a whole bunch of receipts and papers on the desk. 
Since we didn't have plans for the long weekend, Andrew and I decided it would be our "Get Organized Weekend". (Which sounds SO exciting, doesn't it!?)
But in actuality, it was exactly what we needed. There was a long list of things that we had been putting off, and this was the perfect time to get it all done.
The guest room was first on the list. I came home from work on Friday ready to go. I spent 2 hours sifting through papers, opening the boxes, and organizing the closets in that room.
By Friday night, a huge dent was made, but it wasn't enough.
Andrew joined in on Saturday and after about 3 more hours over the weekend, and one trip to Target for a shelving unit, the room looks like this:

I know, it's SO not pretty still, but at least you can see the floor! And the desk! 
We still have a list of things to do in there:
Change out the pink (barf) blinds for the while roller shades
Paint (I'm thinking white like the rest of the house)
Change out the rug (It's from the old living room)
Get some sort of sleeper sofa or high end futon (oxymoron, anyone?)
Actually decorate and style the room... It should look nice, like (I think) the rest of the house looks!

So we'll get there soon, it's next on the big house list, along with the dining room and hallway. Oh, and patio furniture. It's coming along!
I'll be back tomorrow (!!) and the next day, and then Monday... with actual photos from a camera, not just my phone. Because I'm back guys, (whether you like it or not) I promise!

xo,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment