Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Breakfast Routine.

I mentioned yesterday that I've been taking classes at Bar Method Long Beach for about 3 months now. I seriously love it. I started on a Living Social deal for a month unlimited, and now am on my 3rd month. I go 5-7 days a week and I'm noticing crazy evident results. My arms and legs look totally different. My abs, while they're getting better, need a little boost still. I've been experimenting with different eating habits, and while "everything (within reason) in moderation" seems to work best for me, I wanted to try something new. 
My sister and a few of my coworkers have been drinking this meal replacement called Vega Energizing Smoothie. It's gluten, dairy, and soy free, and comes in a few flavors. 
It has: 
2 servings of veggies
10 g complete plant based protein
5 g fiber
1 g Omega-3

It says you can just add water and go, but they all add fruit and some kind of nut milk, so I decided that was the route I would take.
I picked it up Monday evening and tried it out yesterday for breakfast.
I added:
Hazelnut Milk
3/4 of a White Peach
and about 10 Raspberries

Threw it in my handy Magic Bullet blender (a gift from my mom that I NEVER thought I would use, and I literally use all.the.time)

 And boom. Here it is, half gone, because you know what? It's actually really good!
It actually kept me full for about 4 hours, which is a record for me... My body likes to eat. 

As I write this, I'm drinking it again, this time with mango and raspberries.
I'm going to keep it up for a few weeks, changing up the fruit and milk combos, and see how I feel.
I know it's not going to be a drastic improvement, but I'm hoping it'll help me get on track at least a little bit!
Of course, I should probably start running again to boost my abs even more, but we'll see how that goes...
And, maybe if I get enough courage, I'll even post some before and after Bar Method pics... Maybe...

xo,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment