Two.

So, now, here I am, business closed, tying up loose ends, two months away from giving birth, and I've restarted this blog. Why? Why would I possibly want to put energy into something else? Why not just focus on going from one child to two, work the 12 hours a week that I work now, and keep it simple? Because apparently I'm crazy, and well, that's just how I roll.

Ever since I started thinking about closing the brand, all I've been able to focus on is "what next?" and "what now?". Which seems partially insane since we're about to double the number of children in our home. But honestly, my brain just goes there. It's not that I don't have enough to do... I mean, I work part time, at a job that I like, I (try) and keep our house clean (side note: my husband does a LOT of the cleaning... So don't take that as me being a martyr.) and I feel like I'm doing a decent job raising our 3 year old (with my husband obviously). But my brain just craves more.

Like I said, I like my part time job. I get to interact with people, in a world that I've been part of for my whole life, and I thoroughly enjoy being part of. But, I miss being creative. With my brand, I loved the freedom to design and create, make and do. But as I said before, when the struggle was real, it was REAL. It turned into a mental block, creating wasn't fun when I felt like I was flailing, and I started to dread and resent it. I think that was the main reason I knew it was time to end it... The resent. Now, the resent and stress have been alleviated, but those creative juices are bubbling again, and the outlet needs to be found.

Writing has always been that outlet for me. Any kind of writing. My professional background is in nonprofit management. I have a degree in Sociology and spent a lot of time in the nonprofit world, fundraising and grant writing. I love writing so much, I even enjoy grant writing... section tabs, margin sizes, crazy rules, and all. I've blogged, written fashion and design editorials, marketing materials, web copy, and short stories. I love being able to put words on paper (screen) and just get shit out. I don't consider myself a funny person, but I actually think when I write, I'm capable of conveying some semblance of a sense of humor.

So, along with figuring out where the heck we're going to put a second child in our little house, I've been applying for writing jobs... And telling myself things like I'm "totally capable" of working from home with a newborn, and even going into an office part time would be "completely doable" with an infant. Because, like I said before... crazy.


Comments

Popular Posts